Montréal, Canada, H4B 1R6
Joined on November, 2013
Weekdays in the evening
Up to 20 minutes away at my regular hourly rate
EducationConcordia University, 2010
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Master’s Degree Molecular Biology (4.0 GPA)
Concordia University, 2007
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Bachelor’s Degree Honours Cell and Molecular Biology
Degree conferred with distinction (3.5 GPA)
ExperienceTeaching Assistant (September 2007 to December 2009)
Concordia University – Montreal, Quebec, Canada
• Monitored weekly four hour laboratory classes in Molecular Biology for two sessions.
• Held a weekly tutorial in the course Intro to Molecular Biology for two sessions.
• Gained experience in presenting and explaining material in a clear comprehensible manner, correcting and grading reports and exams, public speaking, and planning/organizing.
• Supervised 15 to 20 undergraduate students.
• Performed experiment demonstrations and explained each step.
• Ensured all students worked safely and promptly to guarantee the completion of their work.
• Led a tutorial class of 50 to 70 undergraduate students.
• Prepared presentations for two 45 minute periods each week.
• Remained up to date with course content and created effective problem solving analysis material for each class using computer programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Photoshop.
Teacher (May 2010 to August 2011)
Sogang Language Program (Sungbuk Branch) – Sungbuk-gu, Seoul, South Korea
• Taught English to children ages 5 to 11 at a private institute in South Korea.
• Produced teaching material to compliment the institute’s rigid curriculum for phonics, science, math and art.
• Designed and implemented thorough daily lesson plans to guarantee success during monthly oral and written examinations.
• Coordinated work with Korean and non-Korean coworkers.
• Participated and/or presented in weekly meetings.
• Helped create, organize, and plan projects.
• Created presentations and reports for the institute using PowerPoint and Excel.
HobbiesThroughout my graduate studies, I served as a teaching assistant for Molecular Biology courses. I monitored weekly four hour labs in Molecular Biology for two sessions and held a weekly tutorial in the course Intro to Molecular Biology for two sessions. Tutoring allowed me to gain experience in presenting and explaining material in a clear comprehensible manner. In addition, I worked in South Korea teaching English for a little more than a year following the completion of my Master’s Degree. It was an indispensable positive experience which allowed me to travel and venture into a different culture. In Korea, I taught grade school children a variety of subjects in English including: Math, Science, Social Studies and Reading.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.